April 19, 2013

Breaking: Gunshots in Watertown
UPDATE: Boston Bomber #2 Is In Custody!

I'm watching this live. Could this be the end? Let's hope so.


UPDATE: Shots still being fired as we speak. Multiple shots heard......

UPDATE: Ambulance on the way. Speculation that suspect is down.

UPDATE: Boston's Fox 25 scrolling "2nd Suspect is Down on Franklin St" on screen.

UPDATE: A woman noticed blood on her boat, called the cops. Shootout happened when police arrived to investigate.

EOD is on the scene with a robot, presumably to go into the boat and see if there's a bomb in there.

UPDATE: I know the impulse is to pray that he's dead. Don't. Pray that he's alive. Dean men tell no tales.

UPDATE: Wow, Google Earth pays off. Here's the boat at 67 Franklins St. in Watertown. Looks like they don't move it much.


UPDATE: "Refusing to come out of boat". The worry is he has an IED on him. His brother did.

UPDATE: Robot approaching boat......

UPDATE: Possible flashbang grenades ..... series of 8 explosion sounds reported.

UPDATE by SH: He is in custody! CONFIRMED

Well done all capturing him alive

WATERTOWN — The man that police believe is responsible for placing the bombs that struck the Boston Marathon on Monday, killing 3 and injuring more than 170, is in custody after a standoff lasting nearly two hours in Watertown.

Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, 19, was taken into custody shortly before 8:45 p.m.

“They got him. He’s in custody,” a state trooper told the media gathered in the neighborhood. A crowd of onlookers broke into applause.

Tsarnaev had been pinned down in a boat in the backyard of a home in Watertown, just outside the city. He was rushed to a local hospital.

Thank God this ended this way.

Update by SH: Clarification at news conference concerning how he was found. A man called the Watertown PD after seeing him in his boat and stating he was full of blood. A police chopper used thermal imaging to verify he was indeed in the boat.

By Rusty Shackleford, Ph.D. at 06:00 PM | Comments |