October 26, 2012

[Bumped]CIA DIA Denied Help for Consulate
Fallen SEALs Denied Requests For Military Back Up

[Bumped, scroll down for newer]

Developing... Update: FOX

Fox News has learned from sources who were on the ground in Benghazi that three urgent requests from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. Consulate and subsequent attack nearly seven hours later were denied by officials in the CIA chain of command -- who also told the CIA operators to "stand down" rather than help the ambassador's team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11.

Former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were part of a small team who were at the CIA annex about a mile from the U.S. Consulate where Ambassador Chris Stevens and his team came under attack. When they heard the shots fired, they radioed to inform their higher-ups to tell them what they were hearing. They were told to "stand down," according to sources familiar with the exchange. An hour later, they called again to headquarters and were again told to "stand down."

[Update within-an-update by Rusty] Did they stand down? No, they disobeyed orders. But by doing so they became heroes:
Woods, Doherty and at least two others ignored those orders and made their way to the Consulate which at that point was on fire. Shots were exchanged. The quick reaction force from the CIA annex evacuated those who remained at the Consulate and Sean Smith, who had been killed in the initial attack. They could not find the ambassador and returned to the CIA annex at about midnight.

At that point, they called again for military support and help because they were taking fire at the CIA safe house, or annex. The request was denied. There were no communications problems at the annex, according those present at the compound. The team was in constant radio contact with their headquarters. In fact, at least one member of the team was on the roof of the annex manning a heavy machine gun when mortars were fired at the CIA compound. The security officer had a laser on the target that was firing[see update on laser below fold..ed] and repeatedly requested back-up support from a Specter gunship, which is commonly used by U.S. Special Operations forces to provide support to Special Operations teams on the ground involved in intense firefights. The fighting at the CIA annex went on for more than four hours -- enough time for any planes based in Sigonella Air base, just 480 miles away, to arrive. Fox News has also learned that two separate Tier One Special operations forces were told to wait, among them Delta Force operators



Update II: Video added [Prof Jacobson: "No, the CIA is not going to take the fall for Obama on Libya-gate"]

Update III: Ty Woods father was on the phone with Megyn Kelly: "I only wish those in the White House who made the call not to help my son would have had the same moral courage as my son displayed" [Update: video below of the interview]

“I Do Not Appreciate Cowardice, And I Do Not Appreciate Lies”: Father of Former Navy SEAL Killed in Libya Attack Reacts to Learning His Son Disobeyed Orders to Save Fellow Americans"

Note: Meghn Kelly just noted a correction from the interview. Former SEAL Doherty flew in from Tripoli with the rapid response team and was delayed at the Benghazi airport because of arguments among the Libya military of some sort as to who would escort them.

God Bless this man, how heartbreaking this news must be for him let alone others that are just know learning this. Obamamedia will likely not be interested in this.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the heroes families.

#Benghazi: Fallen SEAL's Father: Hillary Told Me 'We're Going to Arrest & Prosecute ... The Man That Made The Mo Video' At Funeral

At Blackflag a retired Delta operator had this to say to about the 'laser on target'

One of the former SEALs was actively painting the target. That means that Specter WAS ON STATION! Probably an AC130U. A ground laser designator is not a briefing pointer laser. You do not "paint" a target until the weapons system/designator is synched; which means that the AC130 was on station.

Only two places could have called off the attack at that point; the WH situation command (based on POTUS direction) or AFRICOM commander based on information directly from the target area.
Also, this via The Right Scoop:

By Stable Hand at 04:02 PM | Comments |