September 13, 2012
Libyan Officials: #Benghazi Consulate Attack Planned As 2-Part Jihadi Assault
A Libyan official said Thursday that the deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi was a planned, two-part operation that included a raid on a supposedly secret safe house -- an account that comports with what a top U.S. lawmaker told Fox News a day earlier[...]The SOB's of the Libyan "security dicks" certainly aided in giving the terrorists a heads up of where the "safe house" was.
Wanis al-Sharef, eastern Libya's deputy interior minister, then said on Thursday the attacks were suspected to have been timed to mark the 9/11 anniversary and that the militants used civilians protesting an anti-Islam film as cover for their action.
He said U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and another official were killed in the consulate, but that the attackers timed a second wave on the safe house just as Libyan and U.S. security forces were arriving to rescue evacuated consulate staff.
He said that second wave killed two more Americans and wounded nearly 30 Libyans and Americans.
Update: al-Reuters is apparently reporting Libya has arrested 4 men who may have aided in the attack. Hmmm, makes sense as what I referred to above
According to al-Sharef[Libyan Interior Ministry..ed], members of the Libyan security team seem to have indicated to the protesters the building to which the American officials had been relocated, and that building then came under attackPrevious:
Third American Murdered in Benghazi Attack Identified As Former Navy SEAL Glen Doherty
Was SOFREP Contributor, Co-Wrote 21st Century Sniper w Brandon Webb
US Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens Murdered in Benghazi Libya
Confirmed: FSO Sean Smith Also Killed
Report: Libyan Ansar al-Sharia Has Claimed Responsibility For Attack
US: Attack Was Planned